A Revolutionary Treatment for Men
Available in North America Only
Alma Duo is an in-office, aesthetic treatment that uses gold standard shock wave technology, focused low-intensity extracorporeal shock wave therapy (LI-ESWT), clinically validated to stimulate better blood flow and restore his natural sexual performance – bringing spontaneity back to his life.
• Globally, 322MM men is projected to suffer from sexual performance issues due to declining vascular function by 20251
• Alma Duo is a quick, 15-minute in-office treatment
• No topical anesthetic and no downtime required.
• No pills. No needles. No surgery.
• Long-lasting results clinically validated at least 2 years post treatment.
First introduced for stone fragmentation in the 1970s, focused low-intensity extracorporeal shock wave therapy (LI-ESWT) has since evolved to successfully address additional medical concerns in orthopedics for its anti-inflammatory benefits and in cardiology to promote angiogenesis, the formation of blood vessels.
What is LI-EWST?
Focused LI-EWST, delivered with Alma Duo’s patented electrohydraulic applicator, consists of a short pulse of about 0.5µs duration or a near instantaneous jump to a peak positive pressure, which is referred to as a ‘shock’, followed by a longer-lasting period of negative pressure. Shock wave peak pressure is nearly 1000X greater than the peak pressure in ultrasound waves.
How does LI-EWST work?
The peak pressure exerts direct mechanical stress. This shear stress sets off a cascade of wound healing responses that induces neovascularization and angiogenesis (formation of new blood vessels) to restore better blood flow and natural function to the treatment site.
Unlike other shock wave technologies Alma Duo’s patented electrohydraulic applicator is designed to reach in deeper depths (135mm) with 3X fewer pulses and lower energy to effectively treat not just the penile shaft but the penile crus – where 50% of the cavernous bodies that comprise the corpora cavernosa is located.
300 pulses are administered to 5 unique treatment sites, 3 along the penile shaft and 2 directed to the penile crus. Two treatments per week for three consecutive weeks is recommended.
The restorative properties of Alma Duo’s focused LI-EWST has been clinically validated, with the most studies published studies dating back to 2010 that includes hundreds of male patients around the world:
- Can Low-Intensity Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy Improve Erectile Function A 6-Month Follow-up Pilot Study in Patients with Organic Erectile Dysfunction
- Does Low Intensity Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy Have a Physiological Effect on Erectile Function? Short-Term Results of a Randomized, Double-Blind, Sham Controlled Study
- Low-Intensity Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy—A Novel
Effective Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction in Severe ED Patients Who Respond Poorly to PDE5 Inhibitor Therapy
- Low intensity extracorporeal shockwave therapy for erectile dysfunction: a study in an Indian population
- Low-Intensity Shockwave Therapy Improves Hemodynamic Parameters in Patients with Vasculogenic Erectile Dysfunction A Triplex Ultrasonography-Based Sham-Controlled Trial
- Low-intensity shockwave therapy for erectile dysfunction: is the evidence strong enough?
- Shockwave treatment of erectile dysfunction
Contact – Alma North America